Government Tools for Your Business

February 17, 2017  •  Leave a Comment

Are you running your photography as a business?  If so, did you know that there are policies you must adhere to such as:

Image from:



--Registering your business with your town
--Applying for an EIN number is something you should consider.  Follow this link:
How to apply for an EIN Number

--Applying for a Sales Tax Permit


Registering your business with your town is important if you want to use something other than your given name.


The EIN Number will help you open a bank account under your business name among other things.  You can use your EIN in place of your Social Security Number, which is a bit more secure.


Applying for a Sales Tax Permit is something you MUST do if you are selling any product.  You can go to your state’s website and search for tax forms.  If you live in Connecticut, go to CT DRS.  When you apply for your sales tax permit you will receive a form that you MUST carry with you and display at all your exhibits and events.  


At the end of each quarter you will be asked to submit the sales tax from any sales you have made that quarter.  Depending how much you sell you may have to continue submitting quarterly, or you may go to a yearly submission.


In the meantime:
Focus on what's ahead of you.


No comments posted.

Sign Up





Image from:


--I'm an Amazon Associate.  When you purchase ANYTHING through CJP Photo News you will be supporting this blog.  Make sure you use the Amazon Associate link above.  That link will direct you to my Amazon associate link, as will any product link in my individual columns.  You can also find all my Amazon products by clicking the Amazon keyword below.



Feel free to visit my personal blog at:
Wisdom and Life

Wisdom.Lifeblog (1)Wisdom.Lifeblog (1)

(Inspiration, Spirituality and Law of Attraction)